DATE POSTED: 8/1/19
Under general supervision this position will be responsible for identifying prospects through cold calling to generate sales and required to meet personal sales goals and targets as well as answering telephone calls, emails and faxes from customers and company sales representatives regarding inquiries, orders, changes, cancellations, delivery dates, application of products, and pricing. Responds to customer inquiries in a calm, professional and courteous manner while acting in the best interests of the company. Proactively and appropriately works with other departments within the organization as needed. Works closely with other Sales personnel, Product/Technical Management, Operations, Shipping, Engineering and Finance.
- Required to meet personal sales quotas and sales targets as defined.
- Responsibilities include but not limited to identifying prospects, cold calling to generate/increase sales, market research, CRM database management, etc.
- Answer a high volume of telephone calls, faxes and emails from customers, sales representatives, and end users regarding inquiries, orders, changes, cancellations, delivery dates, application of products and pricing. Expedites orders and performs other related duties.
- Provide accurate responses, uses computer equipment to determine stock inventory balances, order status, projected delivery dates, etc.
- Follow up on calls and inquiries. Expedite urgent requests and performs necessary work on orders in an effort to expedite delivery. Supply information, prices and product availability
- Work with Territory Sales Manager to develop and execute plans designed to maximize sales with assigned customers.
- Leverage sales programs, promotions and Zenith competencies for the best value of the company. This includes up-selling, cross-selling, email blasts to customers, etc.
- Maintain on-going knowledge of products, markets, customers and sales programs.
- Interact with the Shipping department regarding tracers on shipments. Submit information on short shipments and shipping errors.
- Interact with Operations, Engineers and Product/Technical Management to resolve technical issues related to customer inquiries.
- Complete specialized training programs as directed.
- May perform other duties related to the department as assigned, including special assignments.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Three years of customer contact experience required; technical application responsibilities preferred
- Must supplement technical product knowledge through product training.
- Must gain proficiency in telephone and computer system usage as it relates to the systems run by Zenith Cutter.
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Using strong communication skills and technical knowledge leading to problem resolution this position requires the ability to apply technical principles to solve a wide variety of product application problems.
- A high degree of mechanical aptitude is needed to deal with a wide product line.
- Incumbent must write and speak in accepted business language to portray themselves and Zenith Cutter in a professional light to callers.
- The Representative interacts directly with sales employees or others inside or outside the company.
- Requires the ability to respond to customer inquiries in a calm, professional, and courteous manner while acting in the best interests of the employer.
- Must be able to interact effectively with other departments within the organization as needed.
- Willingness to travel when necessary.