DATE POSTED: 1/10/19
DEPARTMENT: Production Control
The Scheduler/Buyer – II is responsible for controlling the material requirements, schedules, and shop orders for their assigned value streams. With little or minimal supervision, this position will ensure proper raw material and finished goods inventory levels to meet daily and forecasted sales requirements. Will help drive the company’s lead-time and cost reduction goals through supplier management and job planning activities.
- Assembles shop order packets to include BOMs, manufacturing routings, engineering prints and special instructions.
- Creates, expedites, closes and reconciles shop orders.
- Runs and analyzes Material Requirement Planning (MRP) reports daily and issues production schedule to department leaders, based on customer requirements.
- Responsible to establish and adjust lot sizes for optimal production on manufactured parts.
- Works closely with department leaders to ensure appropriate staffing to run at maximum capacity level.
- Proactively communicates with sales and customer service in responding to sales inquiries on order status or at-risk late shipments.
- Performs robust analysis of sales forecasts and past usage trends to determine proper raw material requirements.
- Ensures raw material inventories are available to support production requirements, minimize loss and meet inventory turn goals.
- Proactively drives and leads activities in Lean and Continuous Improvement to support inventory reduction and cost savings initiatives.
- Place and process new purchase orders for maintenance, repair, operations (MRO) and raw materials to meet customer order requirements.
- Coordinates with Quality on handling and resolving purchased part or contract machining non-conformances.
- Develops, maintains and monitors supplier performance and takes appropriate action as required.
- Accepts and supports the Quality System and Safety policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- APossess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, including solid Excel skills
- Proficient with ERP systems
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple and at times competing priorities